Tips For Applying
To apply for any of our positions, please use our online West Berkshire Council application form. Links to this are attached to the individual job adverts you'll find when you search our site for jobs.
By using these forms we make sure we get answers to the questions we want answered, and that we have a fair way to compare applications. Please don't send us your CV - we can't accept applications that way.
When you've found a job you want to apply for, you'll need to register your details, creating an account. This will allowing you to save your progress through the application form, so you don't have to do it all in one go.
When you submit the form, you'll be sent an automatic confirmation email letting you know we've received it.
Helpful tips for completing our online application form
- Always read the job description and person specification carefully - the job description tells you more about the job and what you would be doing if you were appointed
- Read the person specification - it tells you what skills, experience and knowledge you will need to have to be successful
- Allow plenty of time to complete the form, remembering to submit the form by the deadline (we can't accept late applications - it's not fair on everyone else!)
- Make sure you understand the role you are applying for and that it's suited to your skills and qualifications
- Be precise and relevant with what you tell us - show us as clearly as you can how your skills and experience meet the key selection criteria for the role