At West Berkshire Council we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. We've got four values which reflect the working culture we're seeking to create:
If these are things that matter to you then you'll fit right in!
We provide a host of different services to the community but we have four key aims which underpin everything we do. We're working for:
- better educated communities
- a stronger local economy
- protecting and supporting those who need it and
- maintaining a high quality of life for our communities
Our priorities as a council are to:
- improve educational attainment
- close the educational attainment gap
- enable the completion of more affordable housing
- deliver or enable key infrastructure improvements in relation to roads, rail, flood prevention, regeneration and the digital economy
- be good at safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- support communities
You can find out more about our values, aims and our priorities in our council strategy.